Tuesday 5 August 2014

The "Listen Later" Collection: Vol. 1

I'm thinking that I'll sit down every couple of weeks on a Monday or Tuesday, and I'll tell you about some music that has come up in my YouTube subscriptions.

The Vamps - Twist & Shout (Cover)
Things like covers 'n' stuff don't usually make it to TWIM but since this is all about misc. music that comes into my life, here's this. Y'all must know The Vamps got their start doing covers and they're still at it and I appreciate how they switch between current chart songs and old favourites.

Camera Shy - Come Around
I subscribe to runforcovertube and that allows me to stumble upon new bands all the time, like this one. It's like Dresses but a bit softer and would be good background music.

Jake Bugg - Radioactive (Cover)
I love the Radio 1 Live Lounge covers, although I haven't been watching them lately. This is a really cool take on the song.

Lewis Watson - LA Song In The Bath
Working title? I love shitty little recordings like this, it's so real. Just a guy playing a song in a bathtub and posting it on YouTube. That's what I'm here for.

Jamie McDell - 5 Seconds of Summer Mashup
I do love a well done mashup once in a while. Usually hers, it's pretty raw and imperfect and human. And I probably can't go a blog post without mentioning 5SOS at least once.

If you wanna see the full playlist click here, and I'll be adding more and more videos as they are posted!